Here you have the complete program of Derrubando Muros – Summer Edition!
Schedules, dates, places, how to sign up for the workshops … and the locations of the four murals that will be painted from August 12 to 22
Derrubando muros con pintura returns between Thursday 12 and Sunday 22 August with four young creators from Carballo! None of them are over 25 years old and one of them is only 19 years old. They will work for ten days to change again the urban landscape of the town with four new murals. They are:
- Isa Bermúdez, who will perform on Xazmíns Street.
- Nere Rama “Bailando na lúa”, that will painting at the Municipal Playground.
- Nazaret, who will be working at Iglesia Street (San Martiño parking area).
- Tucho, that will be painting in Fábrica Street (new location due to a last minute mishap; he will not finally be at Alfredo Brañas High School).
PARALLEL ACTIVITIES PROGRAM
In addition to having the opportunity to see these young artists express all their talent in four new murals that will give new life to the streets of Carballo, during these ten days of painting there will also be activities organized around art, all of them free of cvharge. They include concerts, lectures, concerts and workshops both for adults and children.
- Saturday August 14 in the gallery on Jacinto Amigo Lera Street. With free access until full COVID capacity:
- 20.30 h. Lecture. Meeting with the four artists who are painting this summer in Carballo: Isa Bermúdez, Nere Rama “Bailando na lúa”, Nazaret and Tucho. Moderated by the Councilor for Youth, Maruxa Suárez Cotelo.
- 21.30 h. Poetic recital with Rosalía Fernández Rial, writer and poet from Carballo.
- 22.00 h. Concert with Mr. Kilombo. Miki Ramírez, aka Mr. Kilombo, along with his entire band, will offer an energetic staging included in his tour throughout Spain Contra todo pronóstico,, which has been underway since the beginning of 2021.
- Thursday, August 19: Labeling workshop. From 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in a showcase of the Municipal Market. For people over 16 years old. Prior registration necessary. It will be valued that participants profile is related to the fine arts. Maximum capacity 8 people.
- Sunday August 22 (different locations):
- 10.00 h. Painting workshop for boys and girls. From 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in two shifts: from 10:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and from 12:00 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. The girls and boys will have the opportunity to paint a new mural on Buenos Aires Street with the help of the artists. For children from 6 to 11 years old. Prior registration required. Maximum capacity of 10 children per shift.
- 20.30 h. Guided tour through the completed murals. Prior registration will be required to complete COVID capacity. Departure from the Bergantiños Museum-Tourist Information Office.
- 21.30 h. Concert with Pauliña. Gallery on Jacinto Amigo Lera Street. The Cambados artist has released her third album under the title Testigos. During the concert she will reflect the content of the album, which is influenced by blues, rock, country and even rancheras and reggae. Free access until full COVID capacity.
SIGNING-UP AND +INFO
- Registration for the workshops will be available from Thursday, August 12 through these online forms (FORM FOR THE LABELING WORKSHOP | FORM FOR THE CHILDREN WORKSHOP) + info can be found at email@example.com and at 981 702 077 | 698 156 402. In the case of the Labeling Workshop, pre-registration will be needed because for admission it will be assessed that the participants profile is related to the fine arts. In the case of the children Workshop, admission will be granted according to the application order.
- Registrations for the guided tours can be made through firstname.lastname@example.org and by calling at 981 702 077 | 698 156 402, also as of August 12.
- All activities will be held in compliance with all security protocols and COVID-19 capatity.
- The initiative is organized by the Department of Economic Promotion and Tourism directed by Xosé Regueira and the Department of Youth directed by Maruxa Suárez Cotelo.